Lost 3G service on Droid 2 Global
bhaase6945

About a week ago I woke up one morning with no 3G service. I can make calls but cannot surf internet without using wi-fi. Soft reset phone multiple times, pulled battery for 20 mins.....no dice. Did a hard reset wiped and started over....nothing. Tried reactivating phone and still only have phone call service. Any ideas, will Verizon get me a new phone to fix the problem or do something with my service???

0 Likes
Re: Lost 3G service on Droid 2 Global
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bhaase6945

Oh No! It's very upsetting to lose 3G service. Let's look into this immediately! So we can get you back up and running.

Did this start after a particular application was downloaded? Does this happen everywhere or in one particular area? Do you get a 3G signal outside? Please turn airplane mode on then off. Here's a link that will walk you thru Airplane mode:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37689

Please also power on in Safe mode and retest. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37821

Let me know if this helps if not we will further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
skyknight789990

i to have had a great signal lose this is day 3 nothing was downloaded when this started done everything i could i have no 3g cant get calls txt even my wifi is dropped greatly only one bar an all this changed all together i have gone many places thinkin it would work or go away still nothing other wifi spots same thing only thing wrong with my phone is the screen is cracked

0 Likes
spicyt

My Droid 2 Global White has been nothing but a headache since we bought them...yes, them, bought exact twins, one forme and one from my twin daughter. Both of these phones have been a huge disappointment. I just sent  mine back because you coulnd't make or recieve phone calls....kinda an important feature for a disabled woman....so, luckily it was still under the warranty which ended today I believe...so I got the refurbed fone...seemed ok at first...I've had it less than a week...It doesn't TEXT! GRRR! I can phone....when it's not freezing. But no text...well you CAN text but its got to be a word with less than 7 letters...one word at a time...IF ur lucky.

This is freaking me out. My daughters is even worse. It's basically a paper weight. She can text and phone only when the phone DECIDES she can...it constantlyfreezes up, she has to take out the battery about a hundred times per day...it is just not working out for us as good phones and we are stuck as to what to do. I need someone who can explain my rights here with this...Our contract isn't up til like November 2012, not eligible for upgrade til Sept for upgrade...which I'm sure will be another pretty penny. I was an idiot last year when I bought these two Droids for us, paid retail! Totally went into debt. Totally feel like throwing these phones in the river and going with cheap trac fones...my hubs has had one for years, never one problem.. I'm really considering leaving Verizon. Been a great customer for years, but this whole Droid debacle has me and my husband and daughter really ticked off, because I have to have my phone on me at all times so they know I am okay. This whole experience has been frustrating. So I just got this refurbished piece of crap last week...I don't think i even kept the box...oh now I sent my old one back in it...so how can i send this piece of dookie back; And my daughters is a paper weight. Will they let me send them both back? I don't know how this stuff works. I just want a dang phone that works and is relable...we can DOWNgrade and I would be fine! In fact I found an old cut phone but it wouldn't work here anymore...We are not rich and am tired of gettin ripped off by phones and electronics for sure. Any ideas? Am I just cursed?

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

spicyt, I'm truly sorry you and your daughter have experienced issues with your devices. Not having working phones is definitely an issue and a priority for us. We want our customers to have working devices so that you stay apart of our wireless family a long time and so that you stay happy with your service. If your continuing to have issues with your Droid devices, we will need to speak with you immediately so that we can trouble-shoot and replace your phones if there still under the one-year manufactures warranty and if there is no physical or water damage. I understand the feeling of not wanting the same device because you have had issues with your last replacement but replacement phones are rigorously tested and we will get you a working phone.

Additionally, we check each phone so that Verizon Wireless customers are provided only the highest quality replacement devices. Our Certified Like- New Replacement units go through the following repair and refurbishment process and must pass a 100+ point quality check in 10 key categories.

When your ready to discuss your phone issues in more detail along with your replacement options, you can contact us from an alternate phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes