Lost deactivated android phone
ctbrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,  I recently upgraded from a Droid Incredible to Galaxy S3 a few days ago.  I  couple days ago  my old Incredible disappeared not long after I had been deactivated.  Not sure if it lost or stolen...leaning toward stolen.  I'm not sure what to.. I've changed my gmail password, but is there anyway to locate via GPS it or find if anyone else turns it on or tries to activate it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Lost deactivated android phone
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think the best you can do is this app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG...  As long as your gmail address is still associated with the DInc, you can remote install this app from the Play Store website (link above) and it will email you the phone's location.

Edit: forgot to add, this will require some sort of data access, so whoever has your phone would have to access WiFi (because the phone is deactivated) and not have factory reset the phone.  Kind of a long shot but, AFAIK, the only option for finding a phone that didn't already have some sort of "find my phone" app installed.  Lookout Mobile Security is an app, made by the same developers as the one I linked above, that I use (thankfully never needed it for this).  You may want to think about installing something like this (there are other in the Play Store as well) on your new phone, JIC.

Message was edited by: demmo86rt

0 Likes
Re: Lost deactivated android phone
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may want to contact Verizon to let them know the phone was stolen. I assume they can get the ESN from their historical records and blacklist the device so that someone else can't re-activate it as a "new" line.

0 Likes