Re: Loud beeps, squeals, morse code, hacking?
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Sadly the problem still exists.  (what a surprise)  Called tech support again today and they wrote a trouble ticket.  Nothing to do but wait and see.  They are suppose to get back in touch within 2-3 days.  Will update at that time.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I called VZW to follow up on the trouble ticket and to my surprise, they found nothing wrong with the network in my area.  That's all fine and good, but that doesn't solve this issue for any of us.  While speaking with senior tech support  I tried to point out that three phones in two different locations (FL & MA) were having the same issue.  I also tried to direct them to this thread but they seemed less then interested.  

So on tech support's recommendation we're going to swap out one of the handsets and see if it's the problem.  I then asked him to "what if" this scenario of me and assuming there is no improvement in the service, what the next step would be in finding a solution?  He indicated that exchanging hardware altogether (as in a different phone) would be a consideration.  Frankly I like the Charge and just want the excellent call quality back that I had for the first 60 days.  But I'm a long way from getting a different phone; if at all, and I don't really need nor want to swap out hardware to have the same issue.

If any of our VZW technical support forum friends have any suggestions, I would really love to hear from you guys.  To me this is the most frustrating issue one could have - poor call quality or worse, unusable phone service.  Unlike many, I still use & depend upon my hand held computer as a telephone.

0 Likes
itisme1

I've wondered what the heck this noise was from the very first time I heard it.  Not glad to hear that we're all experiencing it, but glad to hear that I'm not alone in the problem.  It is quite annoying and It definitely kills the eardrum to get pierced with this shrill sound suddenly during a call.  Hoping that the issue gets fixed for sure. 

0 Likes
jberwin

I had the same problem Verizon was clueless. I went into call settings and turned off voice privacy and noise reduction it quit making noise.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Just wanted to report back that the hardward swap actually worked and I'm back to having excellent call quality.  Frankly I'm surprised but no less grateful.  

0 Likes
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after my 7th replacement Droid Charge...3 hour "tech support" visit to a Verizon Wireless store, a Store Manager and a District Manager...my Samsung Droid Charge is no more!!!!!!!!!!!

District Manager apologized to me every which way to Sunday and even asked me why the Store Manager replaced my Charge with another Charge...to which I replied to him "I asked the Store Manager that very same question"

My Charge was replaced with a Bionic

ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!

Thank you Brian (DM) for doing what should have been done after my 3rd or 4th phone and making a longtime customer happy...Thank you Motorola for making such a stable and reliable piece of equipment!!!!

**** *** Samsung for making a crap product!!! and **** *** Verizon Wireless for doing nothing to help and denying the issues of the Charge :smileyhappy:

Customer Care is USELESS!!!!!

Take your phone to a store and show a REAL PERSON the problems you're having...it's impossible for them to deny the problem when they're staring at the phone in person and you looking them in the eyes!!!!!!!

0 Likes