Re: MDNSD draining battery droid mini
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davek58, it's important that we get this looked into. I am going to send you a private message to get more information to submit to our device team. Please check your inbox.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Datguy85

I realized that my Gmail was not updating so I enabled the sync option again.  Once I did the MDNSD came back.  Disabling and rebooting got rid of it again.   It seems in my case something with the Gmail sync is my problem.

0 Likes
TIMSCH49
Enthusiast - Level 2
I found something that works for me that might be worth trying. (I have a Note 3, which started having the same battery draining mdnsd issue a few weeks ago. I have been following multiple threads trying to find a resolution and figured out the following solution a week and a half ago that continues to work for me as I wanted to thoroughly test what seemed to be working before posting.)
Before unplugging the phone from the power cord, turn it off and then turn it back on but leave it plugged in for another 5 minutes before removing. (It didn't matter whether I charged the phone to 100% or just 25%.) When I do this, the mdnsd no longer shows in the list of items using up the battery. Better yet, the battery is lasting nearly as long as it used to when the phone was brand new so I've been pleasantly surprised.
I hope this works for you as well.

0 Likes
LydiaN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize this answer is very late, so you may be aware.  The Facebook app was causing the problem.  I had to uninstall it, and just run Facebook from the browser.  I don't know if Facebook has corrected the problem or not.

0 Likes