Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MORE D2G screen issues...
harvellb_350

Ok, so I am having quite a few of the same problems listed in the 'screen issue' threads for the Droid 2, and D2G. The phantom finger on the screen, back/home buttons sometimes don't work, unable to scroll a web page without it zooming in, and when in wide screen mode (on side, or keyboard out) I can not slide the notification bar. I attempted to seek help at one of the local stores, but they blamed it on a tiny (almost unnoticeable) scratch which has been there for a very long time. This problem started last week with no damage occurring to it, and no new apps installed in several weeks.  I've ran it in safe mode, and uninstalled every  possible app on my phone as well as updates for the ones I couldn't. I have done everything that I know to do so far aside from a hard restart, but it doesn't seem like that would help considering that the issues still occur even when in safe mode. Is there another solution that I have yet to explore, or is my phone completely screwed?

0 Likes
Re: MORE D2G screen issues...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@harvellb_350 - I would honestly perform the hard reset after backing  up any important documents, numbers, photos, etc. This way by starting fresh, we can try and pinpoint if the issue is either hardware or software related.

Let us know how your phone reacts after performing this step!

Thank you,
NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sjd0634

I am having this same issue. My phone loves to hit the same area over and over--attempt to buy full cd's from Google Play and call people in the middle of the night. These are the actions I have already tried---help!

-Hard reset it 3 times

-Taken it to the Verizon Store-- they told me it could be something to do with 3G and not having the 4G

-Uninstalled Facebook (I read somewhere that is where the issue is happening)

-Installed a keyboard (Gingerbread Keyboard)-- then uninstalled it when that didn't seem to work

-Clear the Multi-touch keyboard in the manage apps section

-Cleaned the screen

-Taken the battery out and let it sit.

I am 2 months away from an upgrade. I was PROMISED this phone would last me the full 2 years--- HELP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi sjd0634,  I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have taken up to this point!  I would like to review your account options in more detail.  I have sent a request to follow you.  If you do accept my request please feel free to send me a Direct Message to me, YaleK, including all of your account information.  I look forward to working with you to find a solution once and for all!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport 

0 Likes