Making a Gallery photo "close up" for viewing
HoundSong

I'm finding something odd on my Droid X. I take a pic. It goes to the gallery. But, when I tap it in the gallery, the screen goes black. If I continue to tap the screen, I get a circle with an "i" in it in the bottom right hand corner, what looks like a slideshow icon in the lower left hand corner, and an HDMI arrow box in the upper left hand corner. Where's the full size pic?

I still haven't been able to figure out how to get a slideshow started. So far, slideshow icons just make for a blank screen.

I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get. This is my 2nd Droid X this month. The first one would stop ringing every now and then. After a couple of hard resets, my phone was replaced with a new one.

Thanks lots

HoundSong

0 Likes
Re: Making a Gallery photo "close up" for viewing
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This seems like a system error. A factory reset will restore this back to your phone. The steps to performing the reset are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this

0 Likes