Market App Not working
bs01wcu

- Was working when first got upgrade now says "You must add an account to the device continue.  Do you want to add one now?"  Yes or No.  Click Yes and does nothing...

0 Likes
Re: Market App Not working
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bs01wcu,

I feel your pain; I browse and download applications from the Android Market continuously and I'd be frustrated if I was not able to access it. This sounds like an authentication issue. Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Market app and the Download manager. Here's how:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
    2. Tab over to "All"
    3. Select the Market app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
  • You also must be able to successfully sign into Google Talk to download apps from Android Market. Make sure your device is signed into Google Talk by following these steps:
    1. Go to your phone’s app launcher, and press the Talk app.
    2. If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
    3. Launch Talk again to sign in.
0 Likes
Yaterml

I have tried this and about everything else to fix my issue with my apps. It all started after doing a factory reset after receiving new SIM card I cannot access the My apps section of Android Market. If I uninstall my updates to market it tells me I have a connection issue after the update it just defaults to a blank screen which is the default if you dont have anything installed.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
It means you need to add a google gmail account in order to go into market. If you already tried and you did a master reset and still no go. Warranty replacement time. Or you can go to store to see if they can reload the OS which i doubt they can.
0 Likes
Yaterml

It shows my Google Account in the grey bar in the middle of the screen. I have even created a seperate account, that one shows all the default apps on my phone, so I know it has to be something not allowing that one account to connect to the Google Server. I am on my 2nd replacement or my third phone in general. I would assume having them try to do something like that with the os would void my warranty. I can switch between the 2 I see apps for the new one but not my old account.

0 Likes
SaddleTramp

This issue has been going on for six weeks with my apps in market. It is a known issue and is being addressed by Google, albeit slow progress. Many people have this problem with a multitude of Android devices, it is not specific to the Bionic by any means!

May I suggest using appbrain available on the market? It is a work around, but has been working for me so I can see my apps and check if any updates are needed.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
You can also use the amazon app store. That one has the same apps as the app store and has a free app every day. Completely legal.
0 Likes
Yaterml

I have been using app brain and Amazon market place both, but it doesn't always give you the updates for all applications, and Amazon requires Wifi a lot. When I troubleshooted the issue with Google they blamed it on Verizon sending me another SIM card, that it through off the connection authentication. I know this isn't the problem and it a connection issue on Google's side, but the Service provider, the phone manufacture, and the OS supplier, need to get together and put a fix on this, not just sit back and blame each other.

0 Likes