Media database upgrade
abadgett

I have gotten through all the applications optimizations. It has been doing the media database upgrade for over an hour.  How long does it take? What happens after this?

0 Likes
Re: Media database upgrade
dimoko

I'm having the same thing, been chugging away for about 4.5 hours now.  thing is still spinning. 

not sure if it is because i have a lot of music, or because i have gallery lock pro installed with some encrypted galleries.

0 Likes
cybermonk

I'm having the same issue, hour 5 now. I want to pull the battery so bad but I'm afraid of bricking the phone. Find it funny the upgrade tells you it will take about 10 minutes. Going to VZ store if it's still going when I leave work. *sigh* this is what happens when you wait forever to push an update then do it all at once.

0 Likes
SMClouse26

I'm having the same issue.  Like you, I have a lot of music.  No encrypted galleries through.  I'm sitting at about 3 hours so far.  I have been tempted to pull the battery, but like cybermonk, I do not want to brick the phone.  I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I have my reasons for sitting on my Bionic for a little longer.  I hope this upgrade goes through eventually.  A few other forums I check say that it does, but the time they quote are closer to 30-45 minutes...not 4+ hours.

0 Likes
dimoko

i saw one forum report that said his sons took 10 hours to get through this, so i'm waiting for now...i hope no one needs to call me or anything...sheesh

0 Likes
SMClouse26

I did a little more digging in other furums and saw a post that said someone else did a battery pull and it worked, so I decided to try it (my patience was wearning thin) and so far it seems to be working.  I didn't brick the phone at least.  It's been back up for about 5 minutes now.  It is running updates on a some apps, but seems to be working fine.

0 Likes
dimoko

I just tried it too.

Phone booted fine, seems to be normal, i'll post back to this thread if i have any problems.

0 Likes
omahatian

Mine was upgrading the media for over three hours when I pulled the battery and crossed my fingers. Phone boots fine, but my gallery and music apps did not update, nor can I see any pictures or music in them. In fact, when I try to open them, I get error messages. Obviously, it wasn't finished updating, but now I'm not sure how to force it. I did a few battery pulls, and even pulled the cards and replaced them. No change. 😞 Any other ideas?? Note:  the gallery and music app icons on my home screen now have little red marks on the upper right corner. Anybody else getting that? I guess that indicates some sort of problem, but I can't figure out how to fix. Boo.

0 Likes
dimoko

got the same think.  i can see the files on my SD card with Astro, but can't get them to open on the phone.  i'm going to try and pull them off of the SD card in USB mode and send them over.  we'll see

0 Likes
SMClouse26

I seem to be having issues with my media.  Player Pro is not responding and the stock music player doesn't seem to be picking up my files either.  Same with my image gallery.  I need to dig a little more. It may be an issue with the system picking up the SD card.  Funny thing is, even after the upgrade, I still ended up launching Go Launcher instead of the stock ICS.  Maybe after I figure out some of these other issues, I will try stock for a while and see if it is worth it.

0 Likes