Re: Media database upgrade
dimoko

Ok, neither picture gallery nor music works, so i'm pulling off all of the images/music/movies i have.

oddly enough, gallery lock pro, which i thought would be the problem, works fine

other thing, the camera app wont load, but i'm guessing it is a storage issue with the database.

0 Likes
SMClouse26

My files are there, but Player Pro will not open.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall, still no luck.  The stock player isn't pulling them into the library either.  I tried checking the settings to add the folder, but so far, no luck there either.  I'm going to check other forums for a fix and see what I can do.

0 Likes
cybermonk

Going on 8 hours now, this thing better be curing cancer or something. This is beyond unacceptable by anyone's standards! I'm just not grasping why it's taking so long. As an applications programmer I know that these little dinky SQLite databases don't take this long to update. This is why I hate carrier custom ROMS. All the ones that come straight from Google install in seconds without issue. FAIL VZW! FAIL HARD! On your phones and your crappy service and new "share" plans. Sorry, lost composure....

0 Likes
dimoko

well, i'd let it chug, a few of us pulled it and we are regretting it right now, those databases aren't right and we can't figure out how to make them right

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

Yes, i read in other forums that users who pulled during the Medai database upgrading had to do a full wipe and restore.  I wonder if Google is taking our music and filling a server with it - sure seem that way!

0 Likes
pj81381
Enthusiast - Level 1
captainbk
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked for me.   Thank you.

0 Likes
dimoko

worked for me too, although i had already deleted my music and pictures, moving them back over now.  I also read that the "my gallery" and "my music" were super data/battery hogs, and i'm looking at how to disable them

what gallery/music player apps do you guys use?

0 Likes
SMClouse26

Worked for me too. Thank you!

0 Likes
lassit09

I pulled my battery around hour 4 and now my phone won't turn on.  This is unbelievable.

0 Likes