Message size limit reached?
jh5
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I try to send a friend a photo the device shoots back a message that says" message size limit reached" ..."You can't add pix to message".

SO I erased the thread and others in my text log thinking I had too many but this did nothing. I still get the same response. Can anyone help me?

Re: Message size limit reached?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps the photo is too large, or too high a resolution?  Are you sending it to a basic phone or a smartphone?

When I want to send a photo, I typically go to the photo, long press it or tap options, Send or Share, and I get a menu of choices HOW to share - G+, Text, Facebook, etc.  For a text, I choose Text message, type my comment if needed, and send.  Are you starting from the photo or from a text message and trying to attach the photo?  That may make a difference...

RN_TRACE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same response today.  Each time I attempt to send a pic.  I go to my gallery choose a pic and choose to message then when I choose send it tells me this bologna.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RN_TRACE this is very strange.

I would love to work with you to get the picture messages back up and running for you ASAP. How long has this error message popped up on your phone? Are you able to receive picture messages from other people? I would suggest to power the device off all the way. Once the device is off all the way, let's remove the sim card from the phone. Leave the sim card out for about 1 minute place the sim card back into the phone and power it back up. Once you are up and running let's retry sending the picture message. Here is a link on how to get the sim card out of the device: http://vz.to/1iMJwUW Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ebbourg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing the SIM card for more than a minute worked for me.

Can you tell me why?

Ed R

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow, this thread is two years old....but here's a reply anyway!  Removing the SIM resets the network/data connection, which is needed to send picture messages.  If pic messages were not sending, and the network was refreshed, and now they are sending, it seems something was awry in the connection that resetting resolved.  Generic explanation, yeah, but it's as close as I can get without more info.  Smiley Happy