Microphone dropping/muting after 10 or so minutes.
potterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my 5th Droid Charge and all 5 have done the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem, customer service just sent my ***6th*** replacement out in like 4 months, offered me a thunderbolt or revolution as replacement, but I've spent so much on this phone, I just want it to work, I am a huge fan of the super amoled plus screen and the processor and the touchwiz isn't even that bad. PLEASE VZW fix the microphone issue!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Microphone dropping/muting after 10 or so minutes.
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Potterdood....this was an issue here in arizona for a few weeks last month and elsewhere around the u.s.. The "dead air" is an issue that verizon knows about and so does samsung. Mikes_vzw reported this and said it was due to the towers not getting a update...search the "dead air" issue for the ticket number and call tech support.

View solution in original post

Wildman
Legend
Sorry to say this but rule of thumb if that many devices had the same exact issue the device isn't the issue because the percentage odds are against that concept..

I would say you are accidently pressing the volume button while using phone or you have a app that is adjusting the volume for you.. I would isolate all Apps and then check the way you hold the device because it doesn't sound like a device issue..
0 Likes
potterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the quick reply, but I have my phone wiped and the phone is in safe mode so it can't access the SD card and it does it whether I'm on speaker, bluetooth or normal. I thought it was an application too, but it still does it and when it does I check to see if it muted the call and it's not muted. Doesn't do it every call which is weird and it takes a battery pull to get the mic back on.

Wildman
Legend

That's just strange because I haven't seen any post reporting this type of volume issue and it just don't make sense how so many devices can have thus issue.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Potterdood....this was an issue here in arizona for a few weeks last month and elsewhere around the u.s.. The "dead air" is an issue that verizon knows about and so does samsung. Mikes_vzw reported this and said it was due to the towers not getting a update...search the "dead air" issue for the ticket number and call tech support.
Sundeep
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my second droid charge. I called samsung and they wouldn't exchange it for a new phone. They want me to send it to them and wait for 10 days. 

In my case, the phone randomly mutes itself in the middle of a call (mute button doesn't glow, so it's technically not muted) & it doesn't unmute even if I dropped the call and called back. 

if I left my phone alone for a while, then the mic will function normally. OR to get it to work right away, I'd have to restart my phone. 

Were you able to fix this problem? if yes, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks.

bumsy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have same issue with Samsung Galaxy Nexus even after 4.0.4 update. 

mosdef1906
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue.  I thought it was just me or something I was doing wrong.  But after 10 mins the person I am talking to can't hear me.  This sucks!!  And it happens all the time with my phone.  Im thinking of switching to a different carrier b/c of this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bumsy2,

I would like to assist you with the issues that you are having with your device. What is exactly going on with your Nexus? Have you completed a hard reset after the software update? If not, here is how http://bit.ly/LifKn1 .Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes