Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Mini got very hot and had no data connection (tho I had 4G bars)
COvzcustomer

I had an interesting occurrence this past weekend with my Droid Mini, which I really like and have been using for over a week, and hope a Verizon tech person can help explain.  It had never gotten hot even during heavy use but got alarmingly hot to touch while not being used at a recent college football stadium.  I noticed earlier in the day that I was not able to send MMS messages (only text--no photo attachments), then during the game, data connections ceased (no internet or email connection) even though the phone was indicating a strong 4G connection (three bars.)  I stopped using it but it started really heating up in a vest pocket. I rebooted but the behavior continued.  My wife and daughter who are on our family plan and have a Droid Razr M and Samsung Galaxy S3 respectively were experiencing the exact same issues--no data connection (even though indicators showed decent 4G) and phones were both hot to touch.  They had tried to email and text photos from the game.  We tried connecting to a a simple google search website using phone browsers and they all timed out.

Given the symptoms, I suspect it was a weird Verizon network issue that was causing connection problems.  But can connection issues cause phones to overheat?  Can a Verizon tech person look into whether there was a network glitch in the Boulder, Colorado area the evening of 9/7/2013?  All of our phones seem to be operating normally now with normal app and network connections.   Any help or reassurance that this is a one-time issue would be very helpful.

Thanks!

G

0 Likes