Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missing files on SD card after phone replacement....
JR2114

Hey all,

Last week my Bionic just suddenly stopped working and wouldn't turn back on.  Luckily I had the extended warrenty and Verizon shipped me a new phone.  My problem now is I seem to have lost almost all my files on my SD card.  Before the last phone died I had close to 8 gigs of music, a few documents, and some backups for a few apps, and a bunch of pictures.  Now if I explore the SD card through the phone (i.e. with Astro or something similiar) I only see four folders and a few pictures.  If I plug the phone into the computer and use Mass Storage Device, I can only see two folders, one with a few pictures (seemingly the same ones I can see on the phone, but still far shy of the amount I did have) and one folder of a backup I had transfered onto the card from my old Droid when I first upgraded to the Bionic.  Can anyone tell me what's going on.  I mean data thats on the SD card should stay on the card no matter where I put it, so how could I have lost all this stuff just plugging it into a new phone, and why am I seeing two different things when I look at it on the phone vs on the computer.

Thank You

0 Likes