Re: More Bluetooth Problems
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

Oh I was able to synch it to a friends Lincoln (brand new early 2011) without issues. Ill try it on other peopel cars to see if I get the chance.

My driod 2 had issues as well. Never moved contacts. Never held a call.

0 Likes
stonleet
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only bluetooth I use atm is in my 2011 F150 with Ford's Sync.  My Charge connects fine each time i get into the truck, but then disconnects from the bluetooth after 1 minute.  My motorola droid never did this.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Most Bluetooth cellular phones should have SOME functionality with the Hyundai Bluetooth system. However, due to differences in phone quality, service providers and Bluetooth chip programming, functionality may differ from one phone to another. Please contact Hyundai for information on which devices sync with your vehicle here .

Thank you!

0 Likes
Scotty3333

I'm having major bluetooth sync issues with my 2011 Ford Explorer Sync and the BlueAnt device I use in my other car.  I can force a sync in the Ford MyTouch, but the BlueAnt, which was working, no longer wants to sync at all.

I'm VERY disappointed in Verizon for providing a phone (albeit Samsung) with such a major problem.  Not able to ensure compatability with the Bluetooth standard?  Really?  I just switched from AT&T and I'm already regretting the decision.  The voice call quality on my 4G enabled Verizon network is noticably worse than the call quality I had on my iPhone 3GS and HTC TouchPro2 running Windows Mobile 6.5.  Geez. 

Hopefully Verizon Wireless does not think it is acceptable to have to manually connect my phone to my hands free systems in my cars.  If so, I picked the wrong company.

I would greatly appreciate to hear from Verizon Wireless on what actions they are taking to correct this blunder.

0 Likes
27613rdu

Kentloose, I had (have) the same problem with a Kia (owned by Hyundai). Try shutting off the bluetooth OPPServerService in the phone from menu>applications>running services,  before turning on your car. If I do this my bluetooth usually works as it should. You do need to do this everytime you turn your phone, or your phone's bluetooth, off and on. It automatically reloads when you turn bluetooth on.  I also turn off skype and pandora services but that may not be necessary, I haven't tried it with them running yet. Good luck.

-s

0 Likes
CaptHerp

My Charge will not stay paired with the Bluetooth system in my 2010 Toyota Tundra.  So far every day when I get in the truck, gotta set up the thing all over again.  This never happened with my original Motorola Droid -- it NEVER disconnected or randomly decided to make me jump through hoops.  I set it up once, and never thought about it again -- always worked.  What on earth is up with this phone?

0 Likes
Dezb90

I was having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headset for a while. Then I remembered that some applications that you download can either interfere or cause the device or programs in the device to not work. The application Pandora which is used for music was causing my my Bluetooth not to work and not to connect to any device. Once I uninstalled this app my Bluetooth worked perfectly. Even though you might not have installed this particular app, maybe you should go through and check different apps to see if there working against other programs on you phone..... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Steve66

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKX with Sync. I also see the problem of the phone not staying connected. It will connect very quickly drop the connection. I can manually reconnect and sometime it will stay connected and sometimes it will drop again. I previously used a Moto Droid (original) and never had a single issue. This is EXTREMELY disappointing to buy the top of the line phone and it  doesn't work as well as the two year old phone I got rid of. I work in OR where you are not allowed to talk on the phone without hands free and this feature loss is a real pain in the butt. I have to drive around with the phone on speakerphone mode in the cupholder. Nice...

I see numerous comments from moderators about a fix coming. It would certainly be nice to know, at least approximately, when that might be.

0 Likes
jw8733

2011 Elantra Hyundai, Droid 3 will pair with car, must use call by number only.  Will not recognize any other command.  Have deleted device from phone, phone from car, repaired and same problem.  I must use my standard bluetooth device if I want my normal calling features.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't get how this thread could possibly be marked solved.  I could not find a solution to the original post anywhere in this thread.

0 Likes