Motorola Android applications downloads hanging
rusty891

I got my Droid last week and easily downloaded several apps from the Marketplace, but then on Monday started having problems with it starting to download and then just hanging and not actually downloading. I was able to go directly to the Fring web site and download Fring but Droid doesn't like to install apps not downloaded from the Marketplace. I noticed this same comment over at Droid so I know it is not just my Droid.

Has Verizon had a problem with the marketplace recently or has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Android applications downloads hanging
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

rusty891 wrote:

I got my Droid last week and easily downloaded several apps from the Marketplace, but then on Monday started having problems with it starting to download and then just hanging and not actually downloading. I was able to go directly to the Fring web site and download Fring but Droid doesn't like to install apps not downloaded from the Marketplace. I noticed this same comment over at Droid so I know it is not just my Droid.

Has Verizon had a problem with the marketplace recently or has anyone found a solution?

Sometimes this will happen on my G1. It won't let me down an app or update an app and it just stays there at the top. Trying to download.  I just power off the phone and then back on.That usually gets it going again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

rusty891 wrote:

Sometimes this will happen on my G1. It won't let me down an app or update an app and it just stays there at the top. Trying to download.  I just power off the phone and then back on.That usually gets it going again.

0 Likes
rusty891

Thanks Great One...that must have fixed it as I was able to download a log collector ap just now.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

rusty891 wrote:

Thanks Great One...that must have fixed it as I was able to download a log collector ap just now.

Cool. you're welcome.Glad it is working!

0 Likes
Gandalf2

I have been having the same issue but I have turned off and turned on my Droid's yet I can not get anything to download.  I have tried two different marketplace downloads with no luck

0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3

try switching your data connection, i know ive had this problem when connected to my wireless network at home. try the 3g or maybe visa-versa...

0 Likes