Motorola Bionic duplicate text messages (Verizon wireless no bueno)
elsilencio

I upgraded to a Motorola Bionic in January and 2 months later I started receiving multiple text messages. I ignored them for a few weeks until I noticed I was receiving duplicate text messages more often than initially. I called customer service and they did some basic troubleshooting that did not work and told me to wait a few days. I called back and was then transfered to tech support, who made me do several troubleshooting steps on my phone, which included restoring to factory settings. That seemed to help for a bit, but then the duplicate text messages started appearing again. I called once again and my handset was replaced with a "not fair REFURBISHED" handset, when mine was only a few months old. Well the "REFURBISHED" handset did not fix the issue and the duplicate text messages were there. Some of my relatives and friends started to tell me that they were receiving duplicate text messages from me and some of them had limited text messaging. I called verizon again and they opened a work ticket and I was assured that the problem would go away in a few days, since a technician would work on the issue further. Well more than a few days passed, and the duplicate text messages were remained and after calling verizon again, I was informed that the work ticket was still open because it was a known issue, since many customers were experiencing the same issue. On 5/1/2012 I called verizon "AGAIN" to see if I could just switch to my old blackberry for the mean while, but was told that the issue is affecting every cell phone, since its a network issue. I am tired of playing cat and mouse game with Verizon techs, when I can try another carrier, I am looking at other carrier plans to make a decision in the day or few days from today. I know this is maybe not a big deal for many people, but it is for a heavy text messaging user like me.

0 Likes