Motorola Droid Bionic and Uconnect
markbento

Hi all I have the Bionic and just purchaced a new 2012 Jeep. There blue tooth system is call uconnect, I am able to pair the phone to it , so I have hands free but I am not able to get my phone book to download to the jeep, I also am not able to get it to read my SMS (text Msg). Uconnect states that in some phones it can read them and in others it can't.  I am just posting here to see if any others that have this phone and are using uconnect are in the same boat or am i doing some thing wrong.

Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Respectfully

Mark

<Post moved from the "Android" space to the space for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Bionic and Uconnect
markbento

anyone ? there has to be some one out there using this

0 Likes
Iamham

I am having the same trouble with my wife's 2012 Durango....I haven't given up yet.  If I figure it out I will post the solution.

0 Likes
Iamham

The phone book has been uploaded to the UCONNECT system in my wife's 2012 Dodge Durango.  I deleted the pairing and re-paired.  Upon re-pairing the phone with UCONNECT I got an immediate UCONNECT request on the BIONIC to allow access to the phonebook.  Once I granted the access the entire phonebook was uploaded in about 30 seconds.

0 Likes
tlcarpenter

I also have the Bionic and I got the address book request accepted on the second pairing evolution also,but I am having trouble with call quality.  I had the dealer put in a bluetooth system and I guess I sound fine up to about 30 mph, but with highway noise it seems to break up.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I went through my phone settings looking for a possible noise cancellation feature that may be interfering with the radios', but I didn't find anything.  The mic is located in the driver's side upper corner of the windshield.  All audio streaming is excellent.  Won't read SMS or voice nav from Google maps, but I'm cool with that as long as when I talk people can understand me.

Any help, 3rd party apps or incantations welcome.  Just kidding, I hate 3rd party apps.

Thanks all!

0 Likes
jayareo

All -

Having the same challenges with my Bionic and a 2013 Grand Cherokee.  Im having major trouble pairing and havent even gotten as far as the phonebook challenge.  I figured it was the lame-o support for the phone / upgrades at the root of the problem, but perhaps not.

I found this incantation online, but the link is dead (pun intended).

Love the phone, love the jeep.  Wish they would get along 😞

0 Likes
markbento

Jayareo on the bluetooth screen on the droid did you tell it to look for the jeep? won't work if you just have the jeep look for the phone have to have the phone look for the jeep as well as the jeep look for the phone. thats how mine paired with the jeep, I still can not get phone book to work with it even after trying the above replys. wish jeep would get its act together with this.

Mark

0 Likes