Motorola Droid Ultra microphone.
trnslgb

Need help with my Motorola Droid Ultra. The microphone stopped working. I cleaned the area and it worked again for a short time. I now can't use the phone to make phone calls. Is there a mute button that I accidentally turned on? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Ultra microphone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trnslgb

We definitely want that microphone to work so that callers can hear you without your having to use the device speakerphone or bluetooth. I'm here to assist. There isn't a mute button that you accidentally turned on but you do want to make sure nothing is stuck in that tiny microphone hole. Has anyone that you've called advise you that your voice was breaking up or distorted prior to this occuring? Were there any changes made to the device before this occured?

Any information you provide us will help iin getting this issue resolved quickly. Please keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
trnslgb

Thanks! No, the problem happened suddenly with no warning. Once I clean the area, it will work for a very short time. The speakerphone will only work sporadically. I can no longer rely on my phone. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@trnslgb

Thanks for confirming!  I want to ensure we resolve your device issue as quickly as possible.

Have you tried soft resetting the device: http://vz.to/1QlEHp9?  Do you use any type of cover or case with your device?  If so, please remove and test.  Keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
trnslgb

Thanks for the additional suggestion, but I typically turn the power off every day or so when I recharge the phone. Anything else I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping me posted, @trnslgb!  I would like to suggest one last troubleshooting step.  Let's factory reset the device: http://vz.to/1QPY1G0.  Let me know if the problem persists after completing the factory reset.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes