Motorola droid pro text force closing
imocd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody out there experience this? Basically everytime I reply to a text or type a new txt, the default text application force closes about 6 times or more to a point where I have to call the sender. I don't understand why this keeps happening..I expect better service for the amount I'm paying.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola droid pro text force closing
Wildman
Legend

The issue is software related and has noting to do with service....   Try going to Settings / Applications / manage Applications / All Tabs / Messages / Clear Cache and then restart and see if this helps..

0 Likes
foxberry

Following your steps, what will happen if I Clear Data and not the Cache.  The Clear Cache is not an option. This is on my Droid 2. I'm having the same problem with force closing.

0 Likes
griffin627

I'm having the same problem. I followed your directions for clearing the cache, but the cache is already empty.

0 Likes
littlemissme

SAME HERE! It's driving me nuts!

0 Likes
jrfireball

I'm having the same problem with my Droid 2...and it just started this afternoon.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning happy community members,

Text messaging is my primary form of communication for me since I am always on the go! I can certainly understand the value of having this stock app working at all times. Hopefully, everybody tried the steps that Wildman posted above. Thanks Wildman! If you haven't done so then I encourage everyone who is having this issue to do so. No need to worry as this will not erase the current text threads that you have in your device. In addition to the steps Wildman have posted, I have written a few troubleshooting steps to try if the issue is still occurring. They are as follows:

• Uninstall any 3rd party messaging apps or emoticons apps.
  • Move uncommonly used apps to the memory card.
  • Delete long threaded text messages from text inbox.
  • Check for software update.
  • Disable signatures or special characters from outgoing text messaging.
  • Verify destination address in contact list (Mobile numbers including area code is recommended to be saved in contacts)
  • Perform a factory data reset on the device.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31308

The steps in the link above is for the Motorola Droid 2 but it also the same for the Droid Pro. Prior to performing the factory reset, it is recommended to archive your personal info. Contacts can be saved online by using Backup Assistant. Calendar entries, as well as contacts, can be saved on your Gmail account. Pictures, videos, and songs can be moved to the memory card. Once a factory reset has been performed then the device needs to be reactivated and setup. There is a brief tutorial that will walk you through this simple process. Once the device is setup, please verify that all services are functioning properly. This includes making and receiving phone calls, web browsing, and text & picture messaging. Once you have done so, please reply with your finding just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
griffin627

The same this is now happening when I try to update my Facebook status using the Facebook app. I no longer think this issue is confined to text messaging. Could it be related to the keyboard?

0 Likes
griffin627

Also, it appears to happen after I've hit the space bar. This is true for both the slide-out keyboard and the keyboard on the touch screen.

0 Likes
imocd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was the only one experiencing this, I have tried everything including clearing the cache...I thought it won't be worth it to do a factory reset so I tried and did everything I can to find a resolution to my/our problem..as of the moment I'm not experiencing the problem anymore and all I did was I cleared the user dictionary...I'm using the droid pro.

settings>language and keyboard>multi-touch keyboard>clear learned words.

Hope this helps for all droid users...Let me know

Thanks