Music App Problems
bkoller

I have a Droid X and i loaded a music playlist onto my phone, about 14 songs. I have had no issues until today when i tried to play the songs and it said the player cannot play this music file. I don't know what changed, I had alreadyy downloaded the system update. Can anyone help me with how to fix my problem??

0 Likes
Re: Music App Problems
DarenRogers
Enthusiast - Level 3
Did you reboot? That has fixed a similar issue that I have from time to time
0 Likes
bkoller

how would i reboot?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Power the device off and back on by pressing the top power button until you get pop up menu and then select power off, one device is off press button again to turn back on.

0 Likes
immobile2
I would make sure their mp3 format & not DRM (Digital Rights Management) as that would limit the music usage.
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a soft reset on the device.

To do a soft reset:

Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.
Press the Power key to power on the device

Once you power the device back on, go to settings, then applications, then running applications, and make sure the all music applications are closed.   You can close an application by pressing the application, and choosing force close.

Then you should be able to play the play list once you re-open the music application, if the problem persist check the music file  location, then remove and re-add the music. 

0 Likes