Music on my Incredible/Android OS??
Livefortherayz

Is there an app so that I can play my already owned music, like itunes library on my phone?? Is there a way to send it from my computer to the phone, like a through email or something... or any other ideas? I just don't see why I should have to rebuy all my music.. Especially the stuff I own on CD.  Thanks for any help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Music on my Incredible/Android OS??
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Download an app called automount from the market.  That will make it so that you don't have to go though all the steps to get your memory mounted when you connect your phone to your computer.  There are apps to sync stuff but I like the good old fashioned drag and drop method.  Just to prove Windows is still good for something.  If you have iTunes music some of it may not be compatible.  This is a limitation of iTunes music it was DRM protected which means it was fixed so that even though it is a commonly compatible format it will not play on anything but iDevices or through iTunes.  Thankfully at some point they opted to remove that from what I have been told so recent music purchases are not DRM protected and should be playable.  Amazon mp3's will play with no problem.  I actually downloaded the new Jimmy Hendrix album and it sounds great on my Droid.  I think I will get a Droid incredible today so I imagine it will just get better from here. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Download an app called automount from the market.  That will make it so that you don't have to go though all the steps to get your memory mounted when you connect your phone to your computer.  There are apps to sync stuff but I like the good old fashioned drag and drop method.  Just to prove Windows is still good for something.  If you have iTunes music some of it may not be compatible.  This is a limitation of iTunes music it was DRM protected which means it was fixed so that even though it is a commonly compatible format it will not play on anything but iDevices or through iTunes.  Thankfully at some point they opted to remove that from what I have been told so recent music purchases are not DRM protected and should be playable.  Amazon mp3's will play with no problem.  I actually downloaded the new Jimmy Hendrix album and it sounds great on my Droid.  I think I will get a Droid incredible today so I imagine it will just get better from here. 

0 Likes
Livefortherayz

Thanks, ya I knew about the DRM, luckily only some of the stuff in my itunes library was purchased through itunes.. But I use a Macbook pro, What about syncing with that? Do you know anything about that? or apps that would be useful in this case??

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
You don't need the app he mentioned above for the SD Card. When you plug the cable into a 2.1 device you will get prompted to do 1 of 3 things. 1.Charge only 2.HTC Sync 3. Mass Storage device(somethinglike that) Just select Mass Storage, when you want to transfer stuff to the phone. APP not needed. I beleive it should work as a drive using the same selection on your MAC.
0 Likes
sumfin

I use doubleTwist on my Mac to sync music files and playlists to the Incredible.  Works like a champ.

0 Likes
conley4637

Ditto on doubleTwist on the PC. 

It will sync your iTunes lists, and then you can indicate which you want to sync to your phone. 

Has worked great for me!

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

0 Likes