My Bionic just went from bad to worse
mskayla1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, after suffering through spotty 3G/4G issues, I replaced my Bionic. Got the replacement on Jan 16, 2012. Still had the same spotty 3G/4G service. That's the bad.

I spent most of yesterday Feb 2, 2012, with no 3G/4G at all. It would be on for 4 or 5 minutes then drop and be off for minutes to hours. That's heading to worse.

Some time between 1AM and 5AM this morning, the phone seems to have died. I cannot get it to power on. It was working went I went to bed, and in 4 hours, it's managed to brick! That's the worse.

Enough is enough! Verizon and Motorola both need to get their acts together! *THIS* is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: My Bionic just went from bad to worse
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mskayla1025,

I know how frustrating it must be not having your device work properly. If you have not been able to power on your device please remove the battery, reinsert and attempt to power on. If your device won’t power on I would recommend you perform a hard reset. Keep in mind this will remove all data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings and downloaded applications. Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mskayla1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

DaisyP_VZW,

Okay, your suggestion touches on just one aspect of the multiple problems mentioned in my post. I'm beyond frustrated. At this point, I'm just counting the days until my contract is up, so that I can take my business elsewhere.

3 phones, all experiencing the same issue with lack of consistent 3G/4G connectivity. And no one at Verizon seems to be doing anything about it. I'm told "no one else is experiencing it", which a VZW store employee told me. I don't care; I'm experiencing it. I showed them on my phone where I have no (zero, zilch, nada) 3G/4G,  I showed them Settings -> About phone ->Status -> Mobile network state where it said "Disconnected", and they acted like that didn't mean anything.

wilburo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any reply from DaisyP_VZW?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@mykayla1025: Put it on your Charger an see if you can get it going Before you give all Up.  Call Customer Service an have them ship you out a New Sim card When you get that Sim Take it out of it's Holder Very Care fully an Do Not touch the Gold Area. Just wanted ask Did you happen to buy at the Store If you Did what might of Happen when that Sim was Installed it could have been Touched on the Gold Area if it Was it will not Function Properly.

That means the phone will not work as it should I am wondering if this is what's happening to a lot of these 4G phones that are out there Reps or Customer are installing these Sim an by not Watching what they Are Doing are touching that Sensitive Gold Area. We all have Static Electricity in our Body's an if that area is Touch it will make that Sim Not work as it Should or worse make it worthless in the Device.

But have them send you a new one follow what i said an see how it Goes this might fix the Issue. Good Luck.

0 Likes
jermcpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're not the only one experiencing this.  I went through 3 Bionics within 3 months and talked to at least 10 different people at Verizon and each of them had a different story and nearly all of them said I was the only one they've heard of with this problem.  I asked them if they ever look at the forums on their own website???  Not hard to find many others with the same problem.  I eventually convinced them to replace it with a Razr but only after being denied about 5 times.  Be persistant and maybe they'll give you a device that works, too.  Razr still has the same issue but only on occasion and nothing to the extent of the Bionic.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

They done this because there in the Business to sell phones. My dad bought a $30,000 Dollar Chevy Pickup Had it 5 days an noticed it was leaning down on the right side found out it was a weak spring. We went back to the dealer ask the sales man that sold us the truck if he had seen this before.  An he said your the first one of 12 owners that bought 12 pickups in the last Month to make a complaint of it. My dad was not to happy so we tried to see if we could get the warranty to cover it. Found out it would. But one stipulation it had to be a 1/2 off it was only a 1/4 GM said sorry we no replace it. It was fixed however the shop swamped the springs an it Leveled out. Now get this we've had the truck now since March of last year an we have already had to replaced the seat covers an Cushions in it.. the bottoms only. Why was this.. they were at first black in color then they turned to a white gray color. That's what i call a good American Product. B33  

0 Likes