My DINC 2 Won't recognize headphones! Help!!
elawson081

Hi, my droid incredible 2 has worked in the past, but now, I try to plug in headphone to listen to music, and the music plays out of the phone's speaker. I've tried three different pairs of headphones, and I've attempted to clean out the headphone jack as best as I could. It still will not connect at all! Please help!

0 Likes
Re: My DINC 2 Won't recognize headphones! Help!!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like your headphone jack has gone bad. If you are still under warranty (one year from purchase), you can get your phone replaced.

0 Likes
Re: My DINC 2 Won't recognize headphones! Help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi elawson081,

I use my headphones too, so I understand how important they are! Let's see if we can get this figured out for you! Are you able to use the phone for voice calls, without using the headphones or the speaker going on? Do you notice if you downloaded anything right before this happened? Please put the phone in safe mode and then re-test. Safe mode tests to see if an application is causing the issue. Here are the steps:
http://bit.ly/QwfKHi

Please also make sure that no debris is in the headset jack on the phone, just to see if that is the problem. Additionally,make sure you feel (and hear)the clicking noise when attaching the headphones to the phone.

Please let me know the results. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes