My Droid 2 freezes when im Texting
dgrant1

Hello my droid 2 freezes up only when I am texting I need help?

0 Likes
Re: My Droid 2 freezes when im Texting
dacat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to your keyboard settings and turn off everything and clear the memory of words, also see some related posts on this subject. I'm referring to auto complete, spellcheck, etc. It might just be the words you have it remember, but I don't trust any of it, besides those features mess up in Facebook all the time.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi dgrant1,

That can become aggravating!  I would like to help resolve the freezing issue for you.

First, thanks to dacat for great feedback & suggestion!

I have a couple of questions to help determine the cause of the freezing; are you using any third party messaging or keyboard applications with your device?  If so, try resetting these applications.  Next, I suggest soft resetting the device.  This should eliminate the problem with your device freezing while texting.

Please, let us know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thejohnsonzoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS ISSUE IS ALL OVER THIS BOARD.  THIS IS MY RESPONSE TO SAME QUESTION FROM ANOTHER PERSON:

The locking up while typing text or emails and throwing you out to the internet or wherever was caused by the software update in Sept 2011.  My phone was perfectly fine until this update - absolutely NO problems.   I have had this issue on 3 phones since then (VERIZON would send me new phones because they thought it was a phone problem) - IT IS NOT THE PHONE!  They replace it and it happens in another 4-6 weeks.  "Clearing the Cache" / clearing data works for awhile then you have to clear it again or do another "fix".  This is not a $9.99 phone - I should not have to clear anything but maybe my emails every 4-6 weeks and this was not a problem till they forced the software update on us!  I asked both Verizon and Motorola to restore my phone to the previous software and they refused to do this.

I honestly cannot believe that  if Verizon has been having this problem since Sept that they are still giving answers like the one from AnthonyTA !  They did a factory reset on my 2nd droid 2 and all it did was cause me work to reinstall eveything.  The problems came back 6 wks later.  They have records of all the times I have called (phone has had this problem about once a month since Sept) and the fixes they have tried - doesn't anyone look into this stuff?!

(I am not using any third party messaging or keyboard applications on my device as AnthonyTA mentioned - it is pretty much as they sold it to me.)

I was only able to text if I didn't leave a space between my words - IJustCapitalizedTheFirstLetterOfEachWord - but if I accidentally hit the space bar I was screwed - it would lock up! This has happened so many times since Sept that my family and friends now know when my phone is messing up again by my texts - time to call Verizon!!!

My recommendation - keep a record of all your calls with Verizon - dates, times, length of phone call, who you talked to, etc.  Do NOT leave them alone till your phone is working correctly...do not settle.  I used to LOVE my phone - now I just hate Motorola!  Verizon should be pushing Motorola to fix this!!!  Motorola was NO help after over an hour and a half on the phone (with numerous people from the Philippines & FLA).  They said they had no issues with the Droid 2!  Huh?  Do they read the internet or communicate with Verizon?!?!  Good luck!

0 Likes
tjq

i've been having the same issues ince that Sept 2011 update.  I've turned all the really handy spellcheck word recognition, punctuation feature off...   I clear out everything i can that's cache regularly.  I've tried EVERYTHING suggestted on every website.  Still freezes.  I LOVED my DROID and would pit it against anyiPone out there...  until Sept.  I am beyond frustrated.  I keep in touch with my teenage daughter and work through texting.  Having to turn my phone on and off multiple times a day is just silly in 2012.  Fix it or give us a discount on new phones!

0 Likes
thejohnsonzoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read my Feb 29 reply below this reply...then make them give you a Droid 3 - FREE.  They sent me one a couple weeks ago and so far it is ok.  You will have to push them to get it but they owe it to you!!!

0 Likes
ctaylor0

My Droid has had the same issues with the keyboard, but now has started freezing while I'm texting but only displaying the auto corrections bar and half of the home page???? I've hard booted, soft booted, reset the roaming cap, and cleared the swipe keyboard!!!!! Any suggestions?

0 Likes