My Droid X screen flickers, bars & blacks out...
ee27

Is there anything that can be done to fix my phone?  My Droid X began having issues a few months ago.  I would need to turn it off & back on because the sound would stop working or I'd try placing a call & it wouldn't go through (Well actually it would I just couldn't hear anything), the ring tone changed on it's own.  The only fix I've found for those issues is to turn it off & back on.

Then the screen began flickering on the left side of the screen.  It wasn't as bad at first, periodically happened.  Now it flickers the majority of the time & flickers over more of the screen than before.  Plus if the phone gets cold then I get all the bars going down the screen until it blacks out.  I'm unable to use the phone when it does this.  I tried adjusting the screen brightness as I read online that worked for someone else with a flickering screen, but that hasn't seemed to help much, plus the brightness goes back to the past setting on it's own.

Of course my protection plan has ended.  I'm wondering if it is still possible to get a replacement?  I've read that this has been an issue with Droid X, but wondering if I'm so lucky to be outside the time frame for getting replacement.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X screen flickers, bars & blacks out...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EE27,

Never fear help is here! I know how important it is to have a properly working phone. Based on the description of issues, it appears as though the software on the device may have become corrupted. I would first recommend a Hard Reset of the device http://bit.ly/oV4Meh. A Hard Reset will wipe the device, and attempt to repair any software that is no longer working. Please be sure to backup the device prior to the reset, per it will reset the device back to original manufacturer settings. Keep me posted.

Pamela_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes