My Droid X seems to have problems... help? Please?
seoychristine

I recently got a Droid X from a friend of mine. I dont have the legit plans but the monthly type of plan (sort of like Metro PCS). When I connected the phone, everything was fine. Nothing was a problem until I realized that my 3G would go to 1x and then just disappeared. I thought it was just me so I turned off my phone and took out the battery and did all I could. But nothing changed. The connection won't come back. Also, this error would keep popping out, saying that the phone needs to be closed, so when I press okay, it doesn't do anything.  It just keeps popping out over and over until I just shut off my screen.  So I took it to a cellular store, and they fixed it for me... Or so I thought. It worked fine for a day, then it started again! I started to do some research and other people said to take out the "Advanced Task Killer". However, when I tried to, my phone doesn't have the task killer.  So I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do. Some people said that it could be the apps that I have on my phone, but what I don't understand is that I had these apps ever since I had the phone. Even my brother has the same apps as me, but I'm assuming that he doesn't have any problems since he has a different phone.  I also tried to "reboot" my phone, but whenever I do, it doesn't seem to be doing anything... I tried everything that I could possibly think of. I don't want to go back to the cellular store, since I wasted money when it didn't fix anything.

Please help, any information will be much of a help to me!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X seems to have problems... help? Please?
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

What state do you currently live in?

0 Likes
seoychristine

I live in Los Angeles, Califonia.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that phone working for you seoychristine! I would like to review the coverage to see if there are known issues in this area. What is your zip code? You mentioned that you do not have a "legit plan", which calling plan are you on? Have you tried to run the device in Safe Mode? An application can be causing this to happen. Here is how to run it in Safe Mode: http://bit.ly/xdizhy . Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes