My Droid X2 is constantly restarting and seems to be overheating. Should I replace this device?
kzou

I've had my Droid X2 for about a year. Since early December, it has been prone to shutting down and not powering back on. It also grows really hot and won't cool down until I remove the battery. It also shuts down while I'm in the middle of a text message, checking Facebook, or pinning on Pinterest. I'm really tired of this happening and I would like to know if I should just call in for another device or if that would be a waste of time and should just purchase a different, unlocked phone. Help please!

Message was edited by: kzou <Full name removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X2 is constantly restarting and seems to be overheating. Should I replace this device?
cocofifi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use to have an x2.....I had problems with it.Smiley Sad Couldn't dial out-had to hit a number multiple times,freezes,etc. I would get a new phone(not the x2),but it depends on your finances. I got a 4s....happy,happy,happy!Smiley Happy I hope I helped a little bit.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X2 is constantly restarting and seems to be overheating. Should I replace this device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kzou
I'm very sorry to hear your having problems with the X2. Help has arrived! Let's get this addressed! Did this start after an application was downloaded?

Please power the device on in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=43641

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes