My Droidx will not charge
tnschic

I am so frustrated... I have researched and tried everything and still, no charge? Just got over 4 inches of snow and can not make a call...

Any help would be appreciated...

0 Likes
Re: My Droidx will not charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there tnschic.  Snow this late in March? Hurry up spring! I hope you survived the 4 inches of snow, but I am sorry to hear about the device issues you are having. I hope this post finds you with a fully charged device. I apologize for the delayed response.

I'd be pretty concerned if my phone wasn't charging either, because lets face it if you can't charge the phone the device becomes useless and I do not want that to happen.

Have you tried multiple chargers? Have you tried plugging the charger into different outlets? Does there seem to be any damage to the charging port or battery?

Another thing I want you to try is just simply power off the phone and remove the battery. Put the battery back in and power the phone back on and let me know if the issue persists.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
m_hodge

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hey there tnschic.  Snow this late in March? Hurry up spring! I hope you survived the 4 inches of snow, but I am sorry to hear about the device issues you are having. I hope this post finds you with a fully charged device. I apologize for the delayed response.

I'd be pretty concerned if my phone wasn't charging either, because lets face it if you can't charge the phone the device becomes useless and I do not want that to happen.

Have you tried multiple chargers? Have you tried plugging the charger into different outlets? Does there seem to be any damage to the charging port or battery?

Another thing I want you to try is just simply power off the phone and remove the battery. Put the battery back in and power the phone back on and let me know if the issue persists.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport

Charging

• I have the same issues wit my DROID X. I wold assume that it is the charger port itself, because you are not the only one experiencing these problems.

Solutions

• I have tried everything, from doing something as simple as removing the battery to buying different chargers. Nothing seems to make it better. I've removed the battery several times. Rule that out. I've bought different chargers. Rule that out too. I've even done Hard Resets just to see if that'd do anything. Rule that out also.
  • Anything else I can try?
0 Likes
tnschic

Thank you but I have gotten a replacement, I am good to go.Kim

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:19:35 -0700

To:

Subject: Re: My Droidx will not charge - Re: My Droidx will not charge

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

NickB_VZW

VZWSupport

ChargingI have the same issues wit my DROID X. I wold assume that it is the charger port itself, because you are not the only one experiencing these problems.SolutionsI have tried everything, from doing something as simple as removing the battery to buying different chargers. Nothing seems to make it better. I've removed the battery several times. Rule that out. I've bought different chargers. Rule that out too. I've even done Hard Resets just to see if that'd do anything. Rule that out also.Anything else I can try?

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes