My HTC no longer syncs with my calendar on my office and home computers.
robertallan

The message that came up on both my office and home computer monitors stated that the sync with google calendar could not initialize and "click here" for an explanation. I clicked here, and that linked me to support.google.com. And that said Google was no longer going to support the Google Sync. There was a lot of other gobbledy gook which, to me, said that Google would still let you sync, but you had to sign up for the Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government. And, this means they are going to charge you for the ability to sync. Does anyone have a solution for this? The title to the Google link was "Google Sync End of Life."

0 Likes
Re: My HTC no longer syncs with my calendar on my office and home computers.
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

It's strictly a google issue - not a Verizon issue. Technically, your HTC actually IS SYNCING FINE but there is nothing to sync because GoogleSync is not doing its job and it is by google's decision.

If you want google calendar sync functionality off web on a desktop (meaning not in a browser), you will need to pay. You can pay google or get an account with an MSExchange host (under $10/month) and get your calendars to sync. However, if you are paying anyway, I would use google.

0 Likes