Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Incredible 2 won't make phone calls
gulickd

My HTC does not have service and will not make any phone calls of send text messages. I tried factory reset and I can't make a call to activate the phone.

0 Likes
Re: My Incredible 2 won't make phone calls
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is there normally Verizon Wireless cell service in your location?  Maybe you can go where there is service and reactivate the phone by dialing *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Incredible 2 won't make phone calls
HouseofPanda
Novice

I had a huge problem with something like this with my Droid Pro when I was on the cusp of an extended network.  Initially I was able to make calls and texts, but didn't get any data whatsoever.  When Verizon tech support tried to get me 3G, we lost all phone support including calls and texts.  Every logical answer they had for me when I called tech support didn't work despite probably a good 5 hours of talking to them over several calls.  I even tried parking my car next to a verified Verizon tower and still no luck.  *228 didn't work in any scenario, and we changed a lot of the settings deep within the phone back and forth.  The only solution was simply to take my phone to a Verizon store and hand the phone to them.  If all else fails, go see Verizon directly and they should be able to fix the problem.

0 Likes