My Swype keyboard no longer appears when selecting a text input box
visionaryness
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Swype keyboard that came preinstalled on the phone no longer appears when I select a text input box. Other keyboards appear normally, but I can only access them if I turn off Swype+Dragon in Device Settings > Keyboard. If I turn Swype off and back on again, it reverts to the HTC Sense keyboard, and I can choose Swype again from the notification bar (HTC Sense puts the input switching options in the notification bar instead of long-pressing the text input box). If I choose Swype as my default keyboard again, it does the same thing: fails to appear with no error messages. The cursor in the text box blinks like it's ready to input text, but no keyboard appears on the screen. Additionally, the input method cannot be changed as the option no longer appears in the notification bar until I turn Swype off again manually. I really need it to work, because the HTC Sense keyboard does not have the | (pipe) symbol that I use in a lot of my passwords. Instead it has the broken pipe symbol which is a different character and does not work.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Swype keyboard no longer appears when selecting a text input box
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

visionaryness,

Oh no, let's ensure your Swype keyboard is working as it should be. Is your device's software up to date? Check by going to settings, about phone, software update. When did you notice this stopped working?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
visionaryness
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device's software is completely up-to-date. I do not know what prompted the problem - I tried to send a text message the other day, and when I clicked on the text box, it highlighted the box like normal but the keyboard did not appear. I do not have the phone in front of me right now but the Swype version is 1.6.somethingorother.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

So under Settings | Language and Input | Keyboards and Input Methods, is Swype + Dragon selected?

Also for Default, do you have Swype + Dragon selected?

For example, and I don't know how this happened on my LG G2, I have a few keyboards installed and it reverted to the LG Keyboard, which isn't bad. I went into settings, and determined the Swype Keyboard was listed and selected. But it was no longer my default. After changing that, all is back to normal. Smiley Happy

0 Likes