My camera quit working on my Droid Mini
wrigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

My camera quit working on my Droid Mini last week. I get a black screen when trying to take a pic and then a message "Camera error restart the camera", which doesn't help to restart the camera. I tried shutting down the camera and restarting it a couple of different times but it didn't help.

Any ideas on what to do? thanks

Re: My camera quit working on my Droid Mini
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wrigs,

Help has arrived! Let's take a closer look to see what may causing this issue to occur. Does your device have any physical/liquid damage? Is there any cases or accessories that may be covering the camera lens? Did this issue began after any recent software updates or application downloads?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Look at the above post check out as mentioned)  But you can try and see if this helps get it going again, by doing the following.. Try a power cycle press the power button till the phone shuts off, Try clearing the Cache in the camera and the Gallery just the Cache.. If this does not get it going Try running system Cache clear..

Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes
wrigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. As far as physical damage there appears to be none on the case, screen or lens. I have no case on the phone but I do carry it in a leather case clipped on my belt. The most recent app I installed was Zinio for reading PC World magazine. I think the camera was working after that but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I also tried the suggestions in the reply from B33 and cleared the Gallery cache and did the system Cache clear. Neither helped.

Thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might Try running the phone in Safe Mode see if there's any 3rd party interference..

0 Likes
wrigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply. As far as

physical damage there appears to be none on the case, screen or lens. I

have no case on the phone but I do carry it in a leather case clipped on my belt. The most recent app I installed was Zinio for reading PC World magazine. I think the camera was working after that but I'm not 100%

sure on that.

I also tried the suggestions in the reply from B33 and cleared the Gallery cache and did the system Cache clear. Neither helped.Thanks,

Denny

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I mentioned running your phone in Safe Mode if you have not tried this.! or removed the app the one called Zinio it could cause the camera not to function properly.. Try either or  see if your camera function's return.. If they don't you may have to consider running a Factory Reset..

What is safe mode and how do I use it ?

0 Likes
wrigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok,  I tried running in safe mode and the camera did not work. I uninstalled the Zinio app and another app I recently installed just before the Zinio one. Camera still isn't working and the error message still comes up.

Actually the front camera quit working first a couple months ago and the camera on the back was fine. When i tried to switch to the front camera the screen would go black but no error message.

If I do a factory reset will I loose all my photos?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Use too.. you choose too  by-pass  clearing everything in a Factory Reset now it cleans as I looked everything so if you can move your pictures to your SD card some way I would do that,  your contacts if there connected through Google will all restore as soon as the Reset has finished and you go back and start setting up things and entering your Google account hopefully your camera's will start working if they don't then I'd go by a Local Corporate store and see what the can come up with they may have to send you out another Droid Mini

0 Likes
wrigs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, just finished the factory reset and restoring but still the camera does not work.

Can i take it to a local Verizon store if I had purchased the phone directly from Verizon Wireless?

Thanks for all your suggestions.