My contzct pictures dont update when facebook profile pictures are changed
jndesimone

I actually like that facebook and my contacts are synced however the pictures are the same from the day I got my phone and I want to know if they should be updating when people are changing their profile pictures.

0 Likes
Re: My contzct pictures dont update when facebook profile pictures are changed
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
They should be, check to see that facebook sync is turned on, from your homescreen hit menu> settings> accounts & sync. Make sure that facebook its on the list and that the sync icon is green. If it is, maybe your friends just need to update their pictures more often :smileytongue:, if not, select facebook and check the box next to sync contacts.
0 Likes
Skypole

I had a similar problem with outlook sync and discovered that I inadvertently set sync with google and it was taking control.

Even though I synchronized with outlook and it updated the picture, moments later it resync'd with google and google overwrote the new update with the old pic.

Check your google account if you have one and make sure the contacts are current. You may have to purge and reload.

I just deleted all my google acct contacts and then turned off the sync with google option... Problem resolved.

0 Likes
cmphillips

I have the same problem with mine and cannot get it to work.  I noticed there is not a sync option on the Facebook app and wondered what was meant by purge and reload.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

From your homescreen hit menu> settings> accounts & sync. When you go to your Facebook application, select setting then select sync contacts.

0 Likes
monarch50

I have tried this too and there is not any sync button to hit there on my phone.

Bonnie

0 Likes
wolper

Ambria, these options are not available on the Droid 2.  Any other suggestions to help with this seemingly widespread problem?

0 Likes
bassislife
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this problem on my Droid X as well as my wife's Droid 2.  When I go into settings and select 'accounts', there is no 'sync' option.  Pressing the menu button does show a 'picture source' option, which is set to facebook.  But none of the pictures have changed since the day I got the phone, even though most of my FB friends have updated their pictures in that time.

-tom

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Here are some steps to try.

You can manually sync your contacts

• You have to make sure you selected "sync all contacts" in your FB mobile settings
  • From your Droid, go into a contact you want to sync
  • Hit the menu,
  • Click "edit contact"
  • Click menu again
  • Select "join" and choose which FB contact you want to sync
0 Likes
wolper

Ambria, thanks for your reply.  The instructions do not seem relevant to the current set up of the Droid 2.  I could not find a  "sync all contacs" option in either the official FB app or the one that came with installed on the phone.  When I follow your other steps, I can find "edit contact" but the available menu options from that screen do not include "join." The choices are: Save, Discard Changes, Delete, and Add photo.  

Any other thoughts? 

Thanks again for you help. It certainly seems like there are many folks who are anxious for a solution to this problem.

0 Likes