My droid freezes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

When its installing an app from the market the whole phone locks up for about 2 to 7 minutes and is unusable. Sometimes it even reboots itself. This isnt with every app though, some apps install flawlesly. This also happens when i have to update some of the apps when they need updated. Any ideas why its doing this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My droid freezes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

It must have been the Anti-virus. I'd just rather have it on there just in case.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

GrilledCheese wrote:

When its installing an app from the market the whole phone locks up for about 2 to 7 minutes and is unusable. Sometimes it even reboots itself. This isnt with every app though, some apps install flawlesly. This also happens when i have to update some of the apps when they need updated. Any ideas why its doing this?

you could try a couple of things.

1. battery pull. does wonders. it has for me and for others. maybe try one or two.

2. you may have downloaded a malicious app. delete your apps, all of them. then one by one install them back on your phone, over a couple of days. if and when your phone starts acting up again then you should be able to pinpoint which app is causing a problem (the last one you installed).

then if you can post your findings here so you can warn all of humanity of the skynet trying to take over the world.

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wouldn't have been able to download anything malicious because the first app i installed, dealt with virus protection. hmmmm.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Virus protection causes problems...you only need it if you install apps not from the market.
0 Likes
eddiejt

Third party apps would be the only reason you would need virus protection. Anything you download from the market has already been through a screening. Make sure you have the "allow outside apps to download" tick unchecked. And have a wonderful monday.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

eddiejt wrote:

Third party apps would be the only reason you would need virus protection. Anything you download from the market has already been through a screening. 

False.  This isn't Apple.  Anyone who pays the $25 app developer fee can put an app unchecked on the market.  If an app is removed from the market by google, it's usually after the fact and after people have complained about it.  With that said, virus protection is about as necessary as a task killer.  Be smart, read comments and if something seems fishy, don't use it.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

You can try doing a battery pull on your device which usually solves the issue. If that does not work, try doing a hard reset on your device.

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

It must have been the Anti-virus. I'd just rather have it on there just in case.

0 Likes