My droid froze after city ID expired
babyscot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was using my phone.  It came up and told me that my city ID was expired did I want to purchase yes or no and remind me later.  I clicked on the no... It froze my phone completely up.  I pulled the battery and put it back in.  Thought everything was OK.NOT  I can't get on the web at all.. My weather bug has been loading information forever.  I turned the background run on (I had it off to save this battery that sucks)  I am getting no where fast.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: My droid froze after city ID expired
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time it seems there may be more than just the single application problem with your device. I would recommend performing a hard reset to clear out any unstable settings. The steps for the hard reset are listed below:

1. Performing a factory reset via settings
  • The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
  • Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
  • Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
  • On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
  1. Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
  • If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a
  • Factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
  • With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly
  • Press the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME
  • DOWN button.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
  • When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Hope this helps

0 Likes