My droid mini keeps dropping my home wifi network
crussell

I recently got a new router and my phone will not stay connected to it anymore. It is an "n" type router and I don't think I can change it so I hope that Motorola has gotten their game together and fixed that problem at some point in the last 4 years.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My droid mini keeps dropping my home wifi network
Snn5
Legend

Based on which router you have (if you could tell us make and model) there may be a b/g setting or QOS setting that can be adjusted.  Perhaps other options as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Based on which router you have (if you could tell us make and model) there may be a b/g setting or QOS setting that can be adjusted.  Perhaps other options as well.

0 Likes
crussell

The router that I have is a TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button

I bought it from amazon recently and my phone is not happy about it!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your router is very similar to mine in specs.  By chance, is your Mini set to disconnect wifi when signal is weak, conserve battery while asleep, or set NOT always scan?  If you check your settings under Menu-Settings-WiFi-menu-Advanced Wifi menu you can make sure of this.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might try this:  How to Login to the TP-Link TL-WR841N  so that you can check router settings as well.

0 Likes