Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My droidx died.... upgrade?
jml6772

So... now that my DX finally kicked the can, after nightmarish drama with the GB update... no gps, no email notifications, rebooting, REALLY hot battery while sitting... i called this morning and explained, well, guess im outta luck... forced to upgrade. 6 months early. It wont even turn on now...  Smiley Sad

They will not replace my phone ( so explain to me WHY i pay for insurance again ? LOL )  I'd like an Iphone BUT... 5 will be out ( hopefully ) soon, i LOVE the gps feature and refuse to pay for it on iphone when its not as accurate.... and its too small.

For those who have had to upgrade what did you choose & why ? 

Thanks Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
Re: My droidx died.... upgrade?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you call Verizon or Assurion? Verizon only handles the manufacturers warranty for the 1st 12 months. Insurance claims must go through your insurance provider, which if you purchase insurance through Verizon is Assurion.

If you DO have insurance with Assurion, you can file HERE.

jml6772

I called VZ... but... with all the problems i was having after the GB update decided I dont want another DX... ya know? I shouldn't have to pay the insurance deductible since its the GB update that ultimately crashed the phone...  It is what it is I guess ( not mad or anything over it ) ...just wondered what everyone else who had to replace is choosing.... i liked the rezound until i researched it.... 😕 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Well, I hope you cancel your insurance, then, since you have no intention of actually using it. As you previously said, "so explain to me WHY" YOU  "pay for insurance again"

0 Likes
jml6772

Why on earth would i pay a $99 deductible for a worthless phone that i can't guarantee ill get a NEW one VS a referb?

I wouldn't... and ITS MY CHOICE... holy crap... whatever.  Thanks for making a new member feel welcome.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Hey, I am just trying to save you $5-$10/month by having you cancel your insurance if you don't plan to use it. But yes, it is your choice and if you want to continue paying it, that is also your choice.

I'm not sure why you find my suggestion to cancel your insurance an insult. It wasn't meant to be. If you want to continue paying it, by all means, go right ahead.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Novice

To respond to your original question...I am currently on a "gingerbread-ish" DX myself so I won't bother suggesting it to you but what I will suggest is that if you plan on sticking with VZW and renewing your contract when eligible perhaps you might "settle" for a used smartphone from Ebay/Amazon/Clist until you are able to upgrade and take advantage of the upgrade pricing...Or, quite honestly, pony up the deductible and deal with the replacement phone for 6 months.  Ultimately, you'll save a ton of money by buying used or just paying the deductible and you only have a few months until you can upgrade so it seems to just make sense to but....

....If price is no matter and you dont care about paying full retail well then that is a whole 'nother ballgame...Couple folks I know would marry their Galaxy Nexxus phones...I've also heard great things about the Bionic and the Razr Maxx. 

0 Likes