My email contact icons have disappeared and rebooting doesn't get them back
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few days ago, Backup Assistant deleted all my contacts. After quite a bit of effort and a wonderful Verizon agent's help to report the issue, they were restored. Sadly, so were the old deleted ones and I had to do a bit of work, but everything was working wonderfully.

Fast forward to today - all my contact icons are gone and I cannot get them back by rebooting the phone.Can anyone help? Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: My email contact icons have disappeared and rebooting doesn't get them back
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hsgram lets get your device running smoothly again! I'm sorry to hear of the trouble that you're experiencing with your contacts, but we're here to help correct the issue. Fill us in on the details and we'll walk you through the steps to restore the icons. To clarify, are you referring to pictures that were assigned to the contacts? Have you ever synced your contacts to Facebook or Google?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ashley,

Verizon could not help much at all. My Backup Assistant stopped working. An agent had me install Verizon Cloud. It completely messed up my contacts on my phone and online MANY times and no one could help me. In addition, the app deleted all my text messages which coul not be restored. Then to top it off, a next tier agent told me to delet all the contacts online, fix them manually on my phone, and then sync them. But, deleting them online deleted than on my phone, too! Thank God I had exported them to my SD card a few weeks before. I uninstalled the Cloud. It is terrible!

Now my husband's photos have disappeared and we cannot even find his data online. Where is it? All that shows is my contacts (in a poor state, I might add).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, hsgram. I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband's phone. Are the pictures still on his phone? Which device is he using? Does his phone have an SD card?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. He does have a SD card on his phone. That is where the photos were stored. They are still gone. Only those he has taken since early May are there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, hsgram. I'm sorry to hear of his photos. Is he using the same phone that you are using? Was there an update or anything that went through his phone? Was he also using cloud services?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, he has a Droid X2 and they are STILL disappearing and we cannot find out why. Please help us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're still here for you, hsgram. In order to see his contacts online, you'll need to log out of your mobile number and log in under his mobile number. Each line on your account has it's own separate online profile to manage content like contacts and ringtones. If his line has never registered, just visit http://vz.to/1nCROT1 to get started. Once his line has a log in, you can go to www.vzw.com/backupassistant to log in using his line's log in details to see any contacts that have previously been synced to us. If he was saving his contacts through Google instead, please log into www.gmail.com to view the contacts there.

As for his pictures, if you take his memory card from his phone and put it into yours, do his older pictures appear? Have you tried taking the memory card out of the phone and inserting it into a memory card reader on your computer?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. We got his contacts squared away by creating a login for his number. However, the photos are truly gone. We cannot account for them being gone at all and we need a resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us, hsgram. Regarding the photos, were you able to view the SD card content with a memory card reader, connected via your home computer or Mac?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes