Re: My fifth Droid X in 2 months is on its way.... Am I alone?
mike145

By the way no ATK was ever installed on any of my X's

0 Likes
elotter

all of the "CLNR" FRU units that are being sent out are "new" units without the accessories like battery, cables card or battery door.... phone is still too new for them to be sending the recertified units.. sending the FRU instead of a retail boxed unit saves verizon a few bucks on each unit...

*FRU is Field Replacement Unit*

*CLNR is Certified Like New Replacement*

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have to report that a task killer is for application management and a number people has been setting the app to close everything that shows in the task manager and this isnt wise because some of the apps are system apps that needs to keep running but I have learned that if you exclude the high priority applications from the list and set the application to close the other apps when the backlight is turned off you shouldnt have as many issues.  I used a task manager and a number of my clients have followed my patteren and I havent heard any complaints from any of them after I configured it ask instructed above.  There isnt any way that I would even believe keeping 20+ apps running in the backgroud all the time will not effect system performance and battery life.

I have good battery life and I can only recal one lock up since I got the device with the task killer running, at one point I removed it for testing and the device locked up repeatly or lagged because of low resources. My device got as low as 10 - 15mb of ram free where with task killer I always sit above 110mb free..

0 Likes