My reception has been severely degraded. Why?
libertybear

I dropped me Incredible 2 on my hardwood floor in my entryway. A chip of the back cover (which was installed with a new extended battery about 4 months ago) broke off. Ever since then, I have been getting very bad reception. I could be sitting under a tower and the reception will go from three bars to none just moving it a couple inches. I tried calling #228 (got nothing) and #778 (nothing again). I tried the *22800 and never connected. I purchased a new cover online and still have the same results. The corner 1/2 inch that broke off contained the contacts for the camera. The camera flash now works with the camera, but I still have very bad reception. Can anyone suggest a remedy? Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
Re: My reception has been severely degraded. Why?
ndbruening

Hi libertybear,  I have not dropped my Droid Thunderbolt lte4G and the reception has been terrible.  I was told to take out the battery and sim card and put it back then power up but that did not work.  What I was offered as an alternate was to buy another expensive phone.

0 Likes
Re: My reception has been severely degraded. Why?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You probably jarred something loose internally and, unfortunately, the only solution (because you dropped the phone) would be warranty replacement.

0 Likes
My reception has been severely degraded. Why?
libertybear

OK folks, I figured it out. I was reading how a portion of the antenna is located in the back cover. Wellllllll, I am an electrician and sometimes we have problems with connections in computers when they get hot in dirty situations. So, as a last ditch effort I took a small pair of needle nose pliers and bent (ever so slightly) the contacts on the new back cover. Then the old electricians trick, I used and old ink pen eraser (that has a lot of grit in it) and rubbed the contacts both on the back and on the phone. I took a can of compressed air to blow the rub residue away and put the phone back together. Now I am pounding 4 to 5 bars continous. May not work in your case, but worth a try before spending 500 600 for new phone!!!

0 Likes