NFL Network will not play via HDMI out
cybertron626

I seem to be discovering more about what Droid doesn't do.  1st discovered that after purchasing movies via the media hub that you can't watch them on the HDMI out to a tv, and now the NFL app doesn't play on the HDMI out.  I'm really not sure why there is an HDMI port if you can not use it.  Frusterating.

NFL network gives an error that there ws a error loading the video.  Tried several time and no matter the method it still does the same.  great app for traveling but when I'm at home it's a bit frusterating.

0 Likes
Re: NFL Network will not play via HDMI out
Wildman
Legend

The HDMI will not transmit copyrighted material and will only play files through the stock gallery app, there is a app on the market called realHDMI that can give feature to play other images but the app is limited due to hardware restrictions...

RealHDMI

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gmanapps.realhdmi&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3
It's not the phone.That is the way the NFL mobile is set up.. They will let you watch it on the phone but as soon as you connect HDMI it stops. They are very smart.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Davidoo wrote:
It's not the phone.That is the way the NFL mobile is set up.. They will let you watch it on the phone but as soon as you connect HDMI it stops. They are very smart.

JUST REALIZED THAT THIS IS A CHARGE AREA AND THIS IS A DROID X WORK AROUND AND WONT WORK ON A CHARGE....  MY MISTAKE..

The only thing is that users has reported using this option with using RealHDMI, I cant verify because Im not using my X...

If the Archoes can do it through hdmi it has to be hardware related....

Heres a post that reports how to get it to work with Xternal Display for Droid X...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.googamaphone.xternaldisplay&feature=search_result

Droid Newbie
Member #222519
09-16-2011 07:20 AM
In order for xternal display to work properly with nfl mobile i had to do the fowling
1. Plug in hdmi cable
2. Start xternal app. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.googamaphone.xternaldisplay&feature=search_result
3. Make sure it displays desktop on tv.
4. Launch nfl mobile

If nfl mobile is already launched before connecting cable, it will not work. It is a bit tricky, but i was able to get it to work.

jco23
Contributor - Level 3

I got media hub to work on HDMI out by launching the video first, then plugging in the HDMI cord.

right now, I'm just waiting for NFL network to work on my phone first....

0 Likes
Docuzzie

The directions Member 222519 provided worked fine with my motorola Droid Bionic.  he deserves Kudos

Here are his instructions repeated

If any information I give is helpful, feel free to drop a KUDOs to let me know how my information helps..

akrob
Droid Newbie
Member #222519
09-16-2011 07:20 AM
In order for xternal display to work properly with nfl mobile i had to do the fowling
1. Plug in hdmi cable
2. Start xternal app. (he references a URL here, look at his post and repeat it exactly)  
3. Make sure it displays desktop on tv.
4. Launch nfl mobile

If nfl mobile is already launched before connecting cable, it will not work. It is a bit tricky, but i was able to get it to work.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

I've never tried using this on my HDTV, but guess I won't even consider trying it now! But, I do love this app, especially getting the extras for free for being a 4G LTE customer :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
EvangstacyL

so will the Xternal App work on Droid LG Revolution? 

0 Likes
EvangstacyL

Hi Akrob....

I tried your set up, but I'm afraid I have to have a Droid X .... please tell me I don't.  How can I get my Revolution to work with the Xternal App?  Is there a differen App I can use?

Thanx

0 Likes
bubstephana

I have the DROID BIONIC.

I was having the same issues with connecting NFL Mobile to my HDTV with my brand new HDMI cable, however the Xternal Display configuration works!  Download the Xternal Display app.

With that you can watch NFL Mobile (Currently watching the Pitt/Cinci replay from Sunday).  You have to 1. plug in your HDMI, 2. launch the Xternal Display and then 3. launch the NFL Mobile app.  

Very exciting!  

0 Likes