Navigation
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

I have used this appl exclusively when in new towns ex Denver Phoenix etc and it is usually very close to being right on

However lately it seems to be off and not very close and gives some wrong directions.

Do I have to remove and re install the appl?  I always do the Google Map updates

Any thoughts?

Can I change the Voice from male to female  like you can do with Garmin units?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Navigation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DHH. VZNavigator is my favorite navigation app! It's so intuitive and versatile. May I ask what version of VZNavigator do you have? Since uninstalling and reinstalling the app is an effective troubleshooting step then I would recommend doing so. Keep in mind that uninstalling will erase any previous destinations that you have logged in the app. There are a variety of voices in the app, both male and female. Simply go to Menu > Preference > Audio > Navigation Voice > Select the voice of your choice. Once you have done so then please reply with your finding in case more help is needed. ^AH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DHH. VZNavigator is my favorite navigation app! It's so intuitive and versatile. May I ask what version of VZNavigator do you have? Since uninstalling and reinstalling the app is an effective troubleshooting step then I would recommend doing so. Keep in mind that uninstalling will erase any previous destinations that you have logged in the app. There are a variety of voices in the app, both male and female. Simply go to Menu > Preference > Audio > Navigation Voice > Select the voice of your choice. Once you have done so then please reply with your finding in case more help is needed. ^AH

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm pretty sure DHH is talking about google navigation since he refers to updating google maps.

0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

Excellent answer  It all worked great

I re installed the appl

I use Google Earth maps

Regarding GPS is "On"?  I was told by Verizon that in Locations  all 3 Boxes need to be checked inorder for it all to work great

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"google earth maps" is different than google maps on the phone?

verizon cs told me that the verizon selection is only tied into vz navigator.

fwiw:

using/paying for vz navigator on a droid x is an unnecessary expense.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google Earth and Google Maps are two different, but similar applications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.earth

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks but i'm not sure g e is that much better than google maps & one of the reviews isn't all that good.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Honestly, I rarely use Google Earth on my phone. At work, I use it on a computer for checking locations for various reasons.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i use a plug-in with google maps but not the full shebang on the home pc as i don't use the lat/long anymore.

0 Likes