Need help reinstalling FB app since software update, please
bethj547

FB was being glitchy since the software update on my Bionic, so I tried to uninstall it the way I'd uninstalled it prior to the software update.  The FB app button is now gone and FB is not listed in the downloaded apps or apps running, but Marketplace tells me that FB is already installed and won't reinstall it.  However, the FB for Android app isn't installed and it isn't on my phone.  How do I fix this?

Thanks so much!

Beth

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help reinstalling FB app since software update, please
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok lets see if I  can help. I've got a couple of ideas.

1.) When the update happened a lot of the home screen icons were deleted on my phone as well. I'm not sure how your phone is set up but there should be an app icon (mine is at the bottom looks like a little circle with 6 dots) find this, click on it and make sure at the top left corner it says "all apps" if not click on the little icon next to what is written in the top left corner (there are different options with different icons) once it says "all apps" scroll through the pages and see if you can find the FB app (they're listed in alphabetical order) if you see it then touch and hold it until it moves to the home screen.

2.) if that didn't work, go back to --->settings ---> apps:      There should be a 4th option "all" in the bar under the "apps" heading. Scroll the bar to the far right to find it. Click on it and scroll down to see if FB is there. If it is click on it and click on the "clear cache" button. Then turn the power off on your phone and start it back up

3.)See if your FB app is on your phone by following the previous steps. if not go back into the play store and see if it is available to download.

4.) if it still isn't working you can try the following:

Soft reset

Pull the battery while it's on and then hold the power button for 20 sec

Put battery back in and restart device

Clear system cache

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

Hopefully one of these will help you out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need help reinstalling FB app since software update, please
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok lets see if I  can help. I've got a couple of ideas.

1.) When the update happened a lot of the home screen icons were deleted on my phone as well. I'm not sure how your phone is set up but there should be an app icon (mine is at the bottom looks like a little circle with 6 dots) find this, click on it and make sure at the top left corner it says "all apps" if not click on the little icon next to what is written in the top left corner (there are different options with different icons) once it says "all apps" scroll through the pages and see if you can find the FB app (they're listed in alphabetical order) if you see it then touch and hold it until it moves to the home screen.

2.) if that didn't work, go back to --->settings ---> apps:      There should be a 4th option "all" in the bar under the "apps" heading. Scroll the bar to the far right to find it. Click on it and scroll down to see if FB is there. If it is click on it and click on the "clear cache" button. Then turn the power off on your phone and start it back up

3.)See if your FB app is on your phone by following the previous steps. if not go back into the play store and see if it is available to download.

4.) if it still isn't working you can try the following:

Soft reset

Pull the battery while it's on and then hold the power button for 20 sec

Put battery back in and restart device

Clear system cache

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

Hopefully one of these will help you out!

0 Likes