Network Unknown? Need a little clarity please Verizon
Iceshag

I originally got my Motorola Droid in December, and one thing I constantly noticed was that under my Settings-About Phone-Status menu...for my Network, it always said Network: Unknown. 

I thought this was surely a mistake, perhaps just a small glitch, as I assume It should say "Verizon" for the network.  And yes, this is on 3g, not on Wifi.  So just a week or so ago, I ended up having to get a replacement refurb covered under my warranty...but was quite surprised that this phone is also doing the exact same thing. 

I have searched around a bit and haven't found any other documentation about this issue...if it is even an issue at all.  My 3g speeds have always tended to be on the slower side of what is considered to be typical, but I don't know if this "unknown" status has anything to do with that or not.  If anyone can provide any clarity regarding this issue I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Network Unknown? Need a little clarity please Verizon
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Are you on an alltel plan?

0 Likes
Iceshag

Though I don't handle the bill my self, I think it's fair to say we are on an Alltel plan being that we did come from Alltel.  Is this why it says network unknown?  And does this actually affect my quality of service at all?  Thanks.

0 Likes
jnamo1

mine says network unknown as well.... what does this mean?  :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine shows network unknown also. I was an Altell customer also. I doubt it is any thing to worry about.

0 Likes