New Update causing UIDs and "Force Close" issues
jwr9210

Not sure what's happened to my incredible, but it didn't like the update. After updating it said successful then it hung on the reboot and required me to pull the battery. After that reboot I got an error stating UID's are inconsistent and it needed to wipe my data partition. I clicked on "I'm feeling lucky".  My contacts and installed applications were gone. Apps never came back but Contacts did over about 48hrs.

When I try to open the Internet it crashes with a force close. This has occurred since the update. This morning I pulled the battery again for a hard reset. Powered it up and got the UID inconsistent error.

At this point my phone is working with the update EXCEPT internet and apps that require synching/internet access(nook, backup assistant, spotify)which crashes with a Force Close error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: New Update causing UIDs and "Force Close" issues
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not a nice thing but normally the best thing to do after a major update is to do a factory reset. As long as you know your google account information its not too bad of a process. Just make you google or back up assistant is backing up your contacts. Pull your SD card out just to make sure your media is safe and reset away. You will have to redownload your apps but you should be in good shape than.

I have done this after every major update and it keeps my phone running smooth.

Good luck

0 Likes
jwr9210

That's what I thought would be the answer-but I wanted to ask anyway. Conducted factory reset and will reload everything. Thanks.

0 Likes
nursegabby

This happened to me too. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to do a factory reset, because I will lose all of my pictures. Can anybody help me figure this out. I can't do anything on my phone right now. I can't get out of this force close loop. Help please!!

0 Likes
jeremyrowell

This update has all but destroyed my phone. Phone has been flawless for 2 years until this update. Now no apps work, won't play music, freezes up requiring me to pull the battery. Really burnt that this bad update made it to my phone. I have done A factory reset, but the phone still does not work right.

0 Likes
JLDCFO1

I too am having problems with this frigging update.  DINC worked beautifully, with absolutely no issues, and I like a dumb-ass just load the update without thinking how much trouble the last one was.  Finally did a factory reset last night and restored all apps and media with the help of My Backup Pro (great app!), but damn phone froze again this morning.  Just really irritates me that HTC pushes this stuff out, then Verizon says "not our fault, we can't help you, but oh yes, you're eligible for an upgrade".  I don't WANT to pay for an upgraded phone right now, but might be forced to if the DINC doesn't start playing well.

0 Likes
DQdilly

Can anyone tell me how to do the "factory udate"??

0 Likes
lmp1970

Had the same thing happen...how annoying! I will never do an update again. Lost all my contacts! I talked with someone from the verizon store near me.

To do the factory reset, go to Menu, -->Settings, -->SD and phone Storage. Scroll down to Factory Data reset. After that, it should automatically reprogram your phone. If it doesn't, you need to dial *228.

If you were connected to gmail before, you should set up your gmail account again. There's a chance that contacts could reload from your gmail account.

Make sure you sign up for "back up assistant" so that all data will be backed up.

Good luck!

0 Likes