Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New software update available
Initech_milton

From the support website:

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, 5.10.605.9; Radio:
20.32W.30.0813U_1.09.01.1111, for your DROID Incredible 2 by HTC.
Verizon Wireless and HTC encourage you to download this update.
DROID INCREDIBILE 2
by HTC®
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR
DROID INCREDIBLE 2 BY HTC.
SOFTWARE UPDATE
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform
this download, visit verizonwireless.com/droidincredible2support
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Standard data charges apply. © 2011 Verizon Wireless. 1111-E3977
Security Features
+ Includes Google BT/DigiNoTar security patch.
+ Includes Google security patch for upgrading libpng to 1.2.46.
+ Includes Wi-Fi password security patch.
Device Features
+ Support local video playback when in Airplane Mode.
+ 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) support.
+ Improvements to Clock and Alarm features.
+ The “Disable While Roaming” selection will work accurately when
roaming in Canada.
+ Update Sync & Connect configuration to enable Push email sync
during off-peak hours.

I hope they don't mess up more stuff with this new update. Kind funny it says "Improvements to Clock and Alarm feature". Shouldn't it be "Attempt to fix the Clock and Alarm bug we created with the last update"?

0 Likes
Re: New software update available
Initech_milton

I didn't really want to update because my phone was working fine. But since they force the update on you early or late anyway so I took the plunge and updated the software myself. I went to bed around 12:30am with full charge and set the alarm. I did not plug the phone into the charger because normally the battery would be at about 85% next morning (without setting the alarm). This morning I woke up around 6:45 before the alarm went off and the first thing I noticed was the battery was at 38%!

At this point of time, I am not sure if it's the Clock & Alarm widget was using all that battery or something else has been messed up by the new software update. But this definitely is not a good sign.

0 Likes
agilpwd

I received the update earlier today and now my W-Fi is stuck on "obtaining IP address" while trying to connect to my home network. I had NO problems before the update. . I have had it "forget" the home network, and then re-input my key. That didn't work. I rebooted the phone several times. No good. 

Would love any help!

LisaB

0 Likes
Initech_milton

Have you tried to reboot your wireless router? :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jbf31643

I performed the new update the day it came out on my new Red Incredible 2. I was using black Incredible 2 a day before the update was available. One thing I did notice was that apps that were able to be moved to sd card on last phone, weren't able to be moved with updted software on newer phone. The battery life is definitely less also. I talked to a rep that night and he sid it must be a glich and engineers would resolve. Let's hope so. There are many apps that I'd like to get but want to be able to put on sd card. Any others wth the same issues? Battery life increase would make alot of us happy I'm sure.

0 Likes
flyersfan202

I noticed better battery life on both of my Inc2's with the update.  Also, the disappearing alarm is fixed, which I think was a big part of this update.

0 Likes