New software update?
blunderdog

I got a software update pushed to my phone this morning and quite a few key applications no longer work. A few questions:

1) Is there a resource that describes what changes were pushed to my phone?

2) It would have been nice to know this was coming. Is there a schedule of upcoming updates?

3) Can I roll these changes back?

4) Any idea on how I can get my applications working with the updates?

0 Likes
Re: New software update?
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
No recent updates for incredible. Last update was back in November. Check your build/baseband version in Menu>settings>About Phone>Software Information. This was info from November release:Build: 3.26.605.1/Baseband: 2.15.00.07.28
0 Likes
blunderdog

Aye, that is the version shown on my device. Are there other updates that could have caused my applications to stop working? Google Listen is one app that no longer works.

Looking at the stack trace, I'm getting a SQLiteException: unable to open database file. This would explain why some applications work and others do not.

I'm 99% certain when I turned the phone on it stated something to the affect of "updates have been applied". I'm wondering if there is a log I could check as to when the last update was applied and what it did.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I believe there is something internal about updates. I will check later and let you know if I find it and where.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sorry, all I could find were the Versions of different updates currently on the device. And that info can be found under the method detailed above.

0 Likes
blunderdog

Thanks for your research and help. I've discovered a full delete and reinstall of the application seems to solve the problem, but this is not a route I want to go down on a regular basis. I'm still hopeful I'll figure out what happened :smileymad:

0 Likes