My Droid X updated on its own this morning and ever since i installed it its like froze on a black screen and i pull the battery to reset it and it keeps doing the same thing any answers?
I recommend completing a factory reset in order to resolve the issues that have come with the software update. This can be completed by following the steps for one of the reset options:
Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:
It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos
Factory Reset option 2 - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.
Use this process, this usually works for this type of situations... (Have you udated to 2.2.1 yet because I only noticed this issue on 2.2?)
Power Device Off First.....
1. Hold Home Button and press power
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
Note: Use volume up and down to select opinion and use camera button as Enter,,,