Newbie question - entering numbers during call
AugieDog

Just got my Droid 2!  I know the answer must be simple, but I just can't figure it out  :smileysad:

When I call voicemail (Google Voice) I get the usual prompt to enter my password.  So, I look at my new Droid and select dialpad, enter my password and select 'add call'.  After listening to the message, I'm prompted to keep it, delete it, etc.......then I again look at my Droid and am baffled.  So, I select the 'dialer' and enter my selection, but then what?  The three options at the bottom of the screen will take me to visual voice, the phone list to make a new call, or voicemail.  I can't figure out how to get the phone to accept my entry.

Can anyone help?

Oh, another question.....I don't suppose there is any way to skip the screen that has the time at the top, and the sliding lock button and sliding sound button.  After pushing the button, I just want to go to the home screen.

Thanks to all,

Augie

0 Likes
Re: Newbie question - entering numbers during call
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When you move the phone away from your face you should get the options for the keypad, if not just go to the notifications tab, and return to the call.  Then press the option for the keypad.

You would have to change the lock settings for the lock screen to stay off.  

0 Likes
arichard21

when you get the kepyad to enter your pin, press # after entering, not ADD CALL. 

for the lock screen, you cannot disable the main unlock screen. 

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

AugieDog wrote:

Just got my Droid 2!  I know the answer must be simple, but I just can't figure it out  :smileysad:

When I call voicemail (Google Voice) I get the usual prompt to enter my password.  So, I look at my new Droid and select dialpad, enter my password and select 'add call'.  After listening to the message, I'm prompted to keep it, delete it, etc.......then I again look at my Droid and am baffled.  So, I select the 'dialer' and enter my selection, but then what?  The three options at the bottom of the screen will take me to visual voice, the phone list to make a new call, or voicemail.  I can't figure out how to get the phone to accept my entry.

Can anyone help?

Oh, another question.....I don't suppose there is any way to skip the screen that has the time at the top, and the sliding lock button and sliding sound button.  After pushing the button, I just want to go to the home screen.

Thanks to all,

Augie

your first question i dont fully understand  but if your asking how to change the dialpad settings to have it show up more or less here is how you do that:

settings>call settings>scroll to the bottom>dialpad and you can change the settings in there.

for your second question there is no way i know of to skip past the initial screen that shows with the time at the top and the sliding lock button. i believe this is for security purposes anyway. you can change the settings for that sliding lock button to require a password and even a security lock timer (how long after your phone screen goes black before it locks) under settings>location & security settings>change screen lock and security timer listed under here

0 Likes