Did the reset last night. It took a while for it to communicate with FB, but once it did everything was fine. I highly recommend making use of backup assistant. It restored all of the applications that were on there before. Still had to set up the wifi and screens, but the reset wasn't nearly the headache I was anticipating.
I'm having this same problem now. I'm not sure what a "hard reset" entails, but if this doesn't clear up, I may have to try it. How did those of you who did the hard reset do it?
Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. I have listed the steps below to perform a hard reset.
I too had lost the news feeds on my Droid X at the beginning of the year, or there abouts. After just being without it for a while, I did the hard reset to my phone which in itself was the worst. I lost all call history, apps, account settings, etc. It did fix the news feeds... for about two weeks anyway. Now the same thing has happened. No news feeds. I will not be going through the hard reset again. I am not even back to where I was before the initial reset. Hears to hoping someone comes up with something that will fix this. My thanks in advance to the 'someone' who solves it.
Facebook seems to be updating but the news feed seems to be stuck. I have not had any issues with email (yahoo or gmail). What settings do I need to verify that they are correct.
Thanks for your assistance.
I too had this issue. I managed to resolve the issue without resetting the phone to the factory settings by clearing both the cache and the data on the apps that deal with Social Networking / Social Messaging after I did a force stop on them. You get a warning that the forced stop could cause the app to behave badly. The idea behind this is the app may be in the middle of a write to its data files when you do the stop and as a result only partial information gets written which can cause problems. However, by clearing the cache and the data (data being important), this problem in theory should be resolved because you got rid of the data that was being written when the forced stop happened. I believe what resolved the problem was getting rid of both the cache and the data as this is the same thing that will happen when you do the factory reset.
Here are the steps that I went through to do the force stop, clear cache, and clear data.
Sorry folks, I have to say I'm so disappointed this solution only worked for three days. On April 1, 2012 it stopped working... Looks like I'm going to have to do the factor reset... OYE...